Celebrating 125 Years Together
What started as a small mission chapel in 1887 has blossomed into one of the
largest, most vibrant congregations in Greensboro. In October, 2012, we gathered to
celebrate Westminster’s 125th anniversary, to share memories from the past and to
move the vision forward.
Some members have grown up in this church, while others have recently
joined the Westminster family.
Important Dates In Our Church History
- Oct. 12, 1887: Originally a seed church of First Presbyterian Church,
Westminster was established on Asheboro Street (now Martin Luther King
Jr. Drive) as the third Presbyterian church in Greensboro.
- 1959: Services were held at Kiser Junior High School while constructing what
is now the Chapel at our current location on West Friendly Avenue.
- 1987: We celebrated our 100th anniversary and dedication of the new
- 2005: Westminster becomes a multi-campus church with the addition of
worship services at the Lake Brandt Campus.
- 2012: Westminster observes our 125th year with worship and celebration at
Grimsley High School.