Give Care & Support
Serve on a Care Team
At Westminster, we take care of each other. If you’re blessed with the ability to care for others, consider joining a Care Team or the Stephen Ministry. For more information or to get involved, contact Emily Black via email or at 299-3785, ext. 112 (unless otherwise indicated).
- Bereavement Care Team provides meals, sends sympathy cards, offers hospitality during funerals and memorial services, and serving or cleaning up following service receptions.
- Company of Intercessors receives list of weekly prayer requests and holds those persons and concerns before God in prayer.
- Culinary Care Team provides meals for individuals during a short-term critical need such as out-of-town death, sickness or injury. Email member Liz Schumacher.
- Health Team provides blood pressure screenings monthly at each campus.
- Helping Hands Team provides minor routine household assistance to elderly and disabled congregation members.
- Homebound Care Ministry
- Communion Servers bring communion, share scripture and prayers
- Flower Deliverers bring flower arrangements to homebound and sick members
- Men’s Visitation Team members regularly visit men to share a conversation
- Women’s Visitation Team members regularly visit women to share a conversation
- Transportation Team drives homebound members to services and church events
- Prayer shawl ministry members knit and pray a shawl according to a specific pattern to be blessed and given to those going through difficult times. Email Donna Weeks to learn more.
- Stephen Ministry members are trained to offer one-to-one caregiving to those experiencing loss or crisis, and allow God to work through them to plant the seed of hope and healing. Stephen Ministers are equipped to offer support by listening, praying, exploring feelings, sharing Christ's love, attending to the caregiving process, and leaving the results to God. For more information, email Emily Black or call 299-3785.
- Transportation Ministry drives members from Friends Homes at Guilford and Friends Homes West to our Sunday 11 am Friendly Avenue services. Volunteers drive the church bus/operate the wheelchair lift and accompany riders/offer assistance when needed. Email Craig Siler.