Growing in Faith Together
Our Sunday morning adult education classes are available at 9:30am and 11am at the Friendly Avenue Campus and provide the opportunity to explore topics that are important to you.
Current Classes: 9:30am each Sunday at Friendly Avenue Campus
- Cornerstone Class, Room 203. Currently, this class is participating in a 5-week study during Advent season beginning November 26. The study is based on, "Faithful: Christmas Through the Eyes of Joseph" by Rev. Adam Hamilton.The class will meet at 11am on November 26 in Room 203. The following Sunday, the class will resume meeting at its normal time of 9:30am in Room 203. Rev. Hamilton says Joseph's life contains valuable lessons for us. Hamilton adds, "His actions were crucial to the birth of Christ and God's salvation plan for humanity." For more information, contact Lynn Turnage.
- Covenant Class, Room 200. "The Path to the Cross-Embracing Obedience and Sacrifice" In this DVD study Biblical historian Ray VanderLaan leads us through the geography, architecture, and culture of first century Palestine. What impacted Jesus' path to the cross and how are we challenged to follow this path in our own lives?
- Gateway Class, Room 202. Study of scripture in the lectionary series "Feasting on the Word." All are welcome to join with us in the study. Contact Mary Eagle for details.
Current Classes: 11am each Sunday at Friendly Avenue Campus
- Carpe Diem/The Second Hour, Room 204
- PEEPS, (Parents Exploring, Engaging in and Practicing Faith and Service) Room 203. This class is currently studying a DVD series called Busy. Mahatma Gandi said, "There is more to life than increasing its speed." If it seems like the world keeps moving faster, and you along with it, there is another way. We'll explore the personal and spiritual benefits that come with slowing things down and aligning ourselves to God's time. We meet each Sunday in the Fellowship Hall at 11am. Join us for snacks and thought-provoking conversation. If you have questions, please contact Ginger Craig (email@example.com).
Weekday Adult Studies
- Tuesday Morning Book Study – Meets on Tuesdays, from 7:00-8:00am at Delicious Bakery (corner of Pisgah Church Rd. and Lawndale Ave.), the current book that is being read and discussed is If the Church Were Christian: Rediscovering the Values of Jesus,facilitated by Mark Brainerd.
The following will begin in September...
- Invitation to the New Testament, a Short-term (8 weeks) Disciple Bible Study that invites participants to read and engage in conversation about the New Testament, especially about how to understand the various texts “in context,” on their own terms, rather than on our terms, meeting on Thursdays, 7:00-8:30pm, beginning September 21, facilitated by Celeste Wall and Bill Wardlaw.
- Women’s Study, Mondays at 6:00pm, facilitated by Jan Green.
- Study of Romans for You, by noted pastor and author Tim Keller, this study will look in-depth at Chapter 1-7 of the Letter of Paul to the Romans, meeting on Tuesday mornings, 9:30-11:30am, beginning September 19, facilitated by Susan Wardlaw.
- Multiple Women’s Studies on Thursday mornings from 9:30am and at 11:00am.
- Tuesday Morning Book Study, 7:00-8:00am at Delicious Bakery (corner of Pisgah Church Rd. and Lawndale Ave.), book to be announced ahead of September.
"The Path to the Cross- Embracing Obedience and Sacrifice"
In this DVD study Biblical historian Ray VanderLaan leads us through the geography, architecture, and culture of first century Palestine. What impacted Jesus' path to the cross and how are we challenged to follow this path in our own lives?