Worship is the centerpiece of everything we do! At Westminster, we encourage children to participate in many ways.
- Parents of children are encouraged to sit near the front. Children can see better and participate more if they are seated near the action.
- Parents are also encouraged to help their children know what's happening by helping them follow the printed order of worship.
- Worship bags and other activities to do while listening to the sermon are found on the book cart outside the sanctuary.
- Children may attend the entire worship service with their families or leave the service after the Welcoming the Children time to go to Church School.
- On the first Sunday of the month, all children participate in the worship service from beginning to end. Families of all children 3PK-5th grade are encouraged to worship together. If families attend worship at 9:30am together and the parents want to attend an 1 am adult Church School class, there will be childcare for the children at the second hour at the Friendly Avenue Campus.
- On all other Sundays, parents who want their children to attend Church School may fill out a Church School attendance card which they bring with them to Welcoming the Children time in worship. Children with these cards are escorted from there to Church School and parents may pick them up at the end of the hour.